The purpose of permeation is to make our faith part of every lesson we teach. It is the sharing of our core religious values with our students. We look for authentic ways to share our faith.
Permeating Faith Through Connections to Religion Class
Faith permeation can include making connections between current Religious Education programming and other subject areas. The Growing in Faith, Growing in Christ program is divided into five units over the course of the year, corresponding to the seasons of the Liturgical Year.
- Unit 1 – Ordinary Time (September – November)
- Unit 2 – Advent and Christmas (December – early January)
- Unit 3 – Ordinary Time (January – February)
- End of unit depends on when Lent begins
- Unit 4 – Lent and Easter (approximately mid-February through late March)
- Start and end date depend on when Lent begins and Easter is celebrated
- Unit 5 – Easter Season and Ordinary Time (April – June)
- Start date depends on when Easter is celebrated
Use this resource to infuse Catholic faith in all subject areas. This resource provides ideas for Catholic faith permeation in the grade one classroom environment.
Grade 2 Religion Outcomes
This short summary outlines what students will be learning in Religious Education programming over the course of the year.
- Unit 1 – We Belong to God’s Family
Examine what it means to belong to God’s family and the special characteristics of that membership.
- Unit 2 – The Road to Bethlehem
Explore the seasons of Advent and Christmas through scripture passages and how we live the seasons in our homes.
- Unit 3 –Jesus Guides Us
Examine how Jesus guides us on our faith journey through sharing God’s word, loving one another, celebrating God’s blessings, and living as he wants us to live.
- Unit 4 – The Story of Lent and Easter
Explore how we, as God’s people, prepare for Easter.
- Unit 5 –We are Blessed in Faith
Recognize the blessing of faith in our lives and examine the ways we observe this blessing in Pentecost, Ascension, and the Mass.
Full Resource Available
With outcomes, ideas, lesson plans and more for grade two.