Other Issues and Responses
Faith and Reason/Science – a beautiful dance and more …!
Faith Development Suggested Speakers – presenters local and other that some in our divisions have found useful ( and we share them with you as a courtesy not a recommendation/endorsement) :
- Andre Regnier: staff & teens. See more at https://cco.ca/missionaries/andre-regnier/
Jeff Lockert: staff & teens. See more at jefflockert.com
Both Andre and Jeff are originally from Saskatchewan. They are both internationally respected speakers, trainers, and leaders in the church.
- Hudson Byblow: staff. See more at hudsonbyblow.com
- Sean Forrest: staff and teens. See more at http://www.seanforrest.com/
- Roy Petitfils: staff, parents, teens. See more at Raising & Understanding Teenagers
- Sister Clare Fitzgerald: staff. This is a link to a presentation of 2015 https://youtu.be/6infK-aaasI
- Judy MacDonald: staff, parents & teens. Judy is a Catholic comedian. We haven’t yet hosted her but she has been a speaker at the L.A.Congress. We plan to have her deliver the opening keynote of the School Communities Council Conference in North Battleford in March. See more at http://www.judymcdonald.net/judy.html
- Jessie Manibusan: a composer, singer/songwriter, storyteller, humorist, catechist, evangelizer and encourager. Working with any and every age group, Jesse has that knack to build instant rapport, connect to his audience, and create life-giving memories that help deepen faith and cultivate the joy that inspires service, sacrifice and the celebration of life. Jesse earned an MA in Multicultural Ministries from the Franciscan School of Theology, Berkeley, CA, and gives concerts, workshops, parish missions, and retreats. Jesse’s music is published by Oregon Catholic Press and Spirit & Song (a division of OCP). In 2014, Jesse received the National Catholic Youth Award, for Presenter/Artist Category by the National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministries, INC.
- Mike Patin uses energy, humor and stories to affirm God’s goodness and presence among us while inviting others (and himself) to take the “next step” in our journey with God.
- Steve Angrisano Always rooted in a spirit of humility and faithfulness, Steve’s easy, honest style of ministry is born from who he is: a committed witness to the life and love of Jesus Christ.
- Ron Rolheiser Saskatchewan born near Macklin. A practical and spiritual man who leads many towards the mystery of God’s love for us.
- Greg Boyle amazing and inspirational especially – check out the link at Home-Boy industries.
- John Burland is an educator and composer who has been writing and recording religious music for children and adults for over twenty years. Each year John travels to more than one hundred Catholic communities celebrating our Catholic Faith through the gifts of music and song.
- Michael Mangan is a composer, teacher and music liturgist who is based in Brisbane, Australia. A former specialist music teacher, he has composed over 250 pieces which are widely used in Liturgy and Religious Education programmes in schools and parishes throughout Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the USA. Michael’s music is published in North AmerIca by World Library Publications, Chicago. His compositions are known for their “singability” and suitability for liturgical celebrations, especially with children. Michael tours extensively each year presenting concerts and workshops for students, teachers and parish musicians and speaks at conferences throughout Australasia and North America. His vibrant liturgical leadership sees him regularly engaged as a Musical Director and Liturgy Consultant for major national and international Church and Catholic Education conferences and events.
- Mark Miller is the author of books and numerous articles on Bioethics.
- Leah Perrault Barefoot and preaching.