The purpose of permeation is to make our faith part of every lesson we teach. It is the sharing of our core religious values with our students. We look for authentic ways to share our faith.
Permeating Faith Through Connections to Religion Class
Faith permeation can include making connections between current Religious Education programming and other subject areas. The Growing in Faith, Growing in Christ program is divided into five units over the course of the year, corresponding to the seasons of the Liturgical Year.
- Unit 1 – Ordinary Time (September – November)
- Unit 2 – Advent and Christmas (December – early January)
- Unit 3 – Ordinary Time (January – February)
- End of unit depends on when Lent begins
- Unit 4 – Lent and Easter (approximately mid-February through late March)
- Start and end date depend on when Lent begins and Easter is celebrated
- Unit 5 – Easter Season and Ordinary Time (April – June)
- Start date depends on when Easter is celebrated
Use this resource to infuse Catholic faith in all subject areas. This resource provides ideas for Catholic faith permeation in the grade one classroom environment.
Grade 3 Religion Outcomes
This short summary outlines what students will be learning in Religious Education programming over the course of the year.
- Unit 1 – Our Catholic Community
Examine what it means to be part of the Catholic community.
- Unit 2 – The Road to Bethlehem
Examine how we can share the message of Advent and Christmas with others.
- Unit 3 – Born of the Spirit
Explore how the Holy Spirit guides us to be a witness to Christ’s mission in the world.
- Unit 4 – Our Lenten Journey
Investigate what the death and resurrection of Jesus tells us about God’s mercy.
- Unit 5 – The Promise of the Holy Spirit
Identify how the Holy Spirit helps us to carry out Christ’s mission in the world through our words and actions.
Full Resource Available
With outcomes, ideas, lesson plans and more for grade three.