The purpose of permeation is to make our faith part of every lesson we teach. It is the sharing of our core religious values with our students. We look for authentic ways to share our faith.
Permeating Faith Through Connections to Religion Class
Faith permeation can include making connections between current Religious Education programming and other subject areas. The Growing in Faith, Growing in Christ program is divided into five units over the course of the year, corresponding to the seasons of the Liturgical Year.
- Unit 1 – Ordinary Time (September – November)
- Unit 2 – Advent and Christmas (December – early January)
- Unit 3 – Ordinary Time (January – February)
- End of unit depends on when Lent begins
- Unit 4 – Lent and Easter (approximately mid-February through late March)
- Start and end date depend on when Lent begins and Easter is celebrated
- Unit 5 – Easter Season and Ordinary Time (April – June)
- Start date depends on when Easter is celebrated
Use this resource to infuse Catholic faith in all subject areas. This resource provides ideas for Catholic faith permeation in the grade one classroom environment.
Grade 8 Religion Outcomes
This short summary outlines what students will be learning in Religious Education programming over the course of the year.
- Unit 1 – The Holy Spirit Guides in Seeking Truth and Acting Justly.
Explore how the Holy Spirit, Scripture, and the Church can help form our conscience and guide moral decision making.
- Unit 2 – The Church is United as a Community of Faith.
Examine how the Nicene Creed unites all Catholics, and how the Church’s liturgical seasons reveal the mysteries of faith that we profess in the Creed.
- Unit 3 – The Holy Spirit Guides the Mission of the Church and Its People.
Examine how the Holy Spirit works through the sacraments of initiation by calling as well as equipping us, and that through the sacrament of Confirmation we are sent forward to support the Church’s mission.
- Unit 4 – Lent and Easter Reveal Jesus’ Mission and the Role of the Holy Spirit in Our Lives.
Explore how Jesus revealed His mission to bring us salvation through His ministry and how He modeled ways we can experience the presence of the Holy Spirit.
Unit 5 – The Holy Spirit Enriches Us to Model and Share the Kingdom of God.
Explore how the Holy Spirit supports us to continue Jesus’ mission to share God’s love and plan of salvation with all people.
Full Resource Available
With outcomes, ideas, lesson plans and more for grade eight.