The purpose of permeation is to make our faith part of every lesson we teach. It is the sharing of our core religious values with our students. We look for authentic ways to share our faith.
Permeating Faith Through Connections to Religion Class
Faith permeation can include making connections between current Religious Education programming and other subject areas. The Growing in Faith, Growing in Christ program is divided into five units over the course of the year, corresponding to the seasons of the Liturgical Year.
- Unit 1 – Ordinary Time (September – November)
- Unit 2 – Advent and Christmas (December – early January)
- Unit 3 – Ordinary Time (January – February)
- End of unit depends on when Lent begins
- Unit 4 – Lent and Easter (approximately mid-February through late March)
- Start and end date depend on when Lent begins and Easter is celebrated
- Unit 5 – Easter Season and Ordinary Time (April – June)
- Start date depends on when Easter is celebrated
Use this resource to infuse Catholic faith in all subject areas. This resource provides ideas for Catholic faith permeation in the grade one classroom environment.
Grade 1 Religion Outcomes
This short summary outlines what students will be learning in Religious Education programming over the course of the year.
- Unit 1 – I Am A Child of God
Examine our relationship with God and determine how that relationship affects our interactions with others and God’s creation.
- Unit 2 – The Road to Bethlehem
Explore the seasons of Advent and Christmas and the related stories, symbols and traditions.
- Unit 3 – My Life in Jesus
Examine the teaching and ministry of Jesus and the call to life in the Church through baptism.
- Unit 4 – The Story of Lent
Explore the seasons of Lent and Easter and the related stories, symbols and traditions.
- Unit 5 – Jesus is With Us Always
Recognize the compassion of Jesus and describe how He is always with us through the Holy Spirit.
Full Resource Available
With outcomes, ideas, lesson plans and more for grade one.